16 Sep Watford v Arsenal Match Report, 15/09/2019, Premier League
Arsenal led 2-Zero on the interval however needed to accept a draw in opposition to struggling Watford on Sunday.
Errors from Sokratis and David Luiz noticed Arsenal squander a two-goal lead as Watford earned a 2-2 attract Quique Sanchez Flores’ first recreation again in cost at Vicarage Highway.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s lethal ending, within the absence of the injured Alexandre Lacazette, seemed to have steered Arsenal to victory after the Gabon worldwide netted twice in 11 first-half minutes to take his tally to 5 in 5 Premier League video games this season.
Unai Emery’s males took the lead when Will Hughes was bundled off the ball and Aubameyang completed off a quick break with a cool end, and the second arrived quickly after courtesy of an astute Mesut Ozil throughball.
However Arsenal got here below heavy stress within the opening phases of each halves of an entertaining encounter and Watford pulled one again after a calamitous go from Sokratis allowed Tom Cleverley an opportunity that he buried with aplomb.
David Luiz then conceded a penalty 9 minutes from time that substitute Roberto Pereyra confidently transformed, giving the Hornets a deserved level in a recreation the place they’d 31 pictures at aim.
That second-half efficiency, although
— Watford Football Membership (@WatfordFC) September 15, 2019
Watford began brightly and Gerard Deulofeu examined Bernd Leno with a shot from the sting of the field contained in the opening six minutes, whereas Cleverley’s thunderous rising drive compelled the Arsenal goalkeeper into an acrobatic fingertip cease.
Sanchez Flores noticed his new costs starve Arsenal of possession till Hughes was dispossessed by Dani Ceballos after 21 minutes and the referee ignored the hosts’ pleas for a free-kick as Sead Kolasinac swept the ball ahead to Aubameyang, who turned sharply and buried an instinctive strike into the online.
Having discovered a approach via Watford’s defence, Arsenal probed for extra openings and Ozil carved one out with trademark composure when his incisive go set Ainsley Maitland-Niles as much as ship a low cross to the far put up that Aubameyang tapped residence.
As they did within the first half, Watford flew out of the blocks within the second and clawed a aim again when Sokratis fluffed a clearance into the trail of Deulofeu, who teed Cleverley up for a rasping end low into Leno’s web.
The Hornets continued to heap stress on, substitute Pereyra and Deulofeu firing narrowly extensive as Watford performed with a perception that belied their lowly league place.
David Luiz’s clumsy problem on Pereyra despatched the Argentine tumbling as he hurtled into the field and he dusted himself down earlier than rolling the spot-kick in.
Deulofeu had the prospect to win it when his angled drive from 12 yards flew narrowly previous the goal and Abdoulaye Doucoure missed a wonderful alternative within the dying seconds, however the last whistle however drew cheers from the house supporters after their aspect sealed a treasured level.
What does it imply? Sanchez Flores has causes to be cheerful
Watford’s new boss witnessed his forwards put on a wonderful show as they pegged again one of many division’s high teams however his efforts – very like these of Emery – will centre on slicing out defensive lapses.
Deulofeu on hearth
Deulofeu was a continuing thorn in Arsenal’s aspect, popping up in harmful areas all through the sport and making a key intervention to arrange Cleverley’s aim.
David Luiz a legal responsibility
David Luiz has given away two penalties in 4 Premier League appearances for the Gunners and except he addresses his clumsiness his place within the aspect will certainly be below menace.
Key Opta Info
Article continues beneath
– This was the primary time in 22 conferences throughout all competitions that Watford and Arsenal have drawn a match in opposition to each other, having final executed so in December 1984 (1-1).
– New Watford supervisor Quique Sanchez Flores has solely misplaced certainly one of his eight managerial conferences with Arsenal’s Unai Emery in all competitions (W3 D4 L1).
– This was the primary time that Arsenal didn’t win a Premier League match wherein they had been at the least two targets forward since April 2016 once they drew 3-Three with West Ham, and the primary time Watford prevented defeat within the league after being at the least two targets behind since January 2018 versus Southampton (2-2).
– Since his Premier League debut in February 2018, Arsenal ahead Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been instantly concerned in 46 targets within the competitors (37 targets, 9 assists); solely Mohamed Salah (53) has had a hand in additional on this time.
– Aubameyang has been instantly concerned in 5 targets in his 4 Premier League appearances in opposition to Watford, scoring 4 occasions and aiding as soon as.
Arsenal journey to Germany for a Europa League conflict with Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday, whereas Watford’s subsequent fixture sees them up in opposition to champions Manchester Metropolis within the Premier League on Saturday.