24 Jul Switch Speak – Chelsea in pursuit of Atletico Madrid defender Jose Gimenez
The coronavirus pandemic has made the summer season transfer window unsure, however listed below are the rumours floating round Europe’s massive leagues and past.
Gimenez an choice for Chelsea’s defensive woes
With Chelsea defensive woes resurfacing in opposition to Liverpool throughout Wednesday’s 5-Three defeat at Anfield, Blues supervisor Frank Lampard has forged his web out to Spain in his newest bid to spice up his again line.
– Verify the newest Premier League standings
– Stream Football4cast FC Day by day on Football4cast+
– What did you miss? The newest from Europe’s high leagues
Particularly, Atletico Madrid’s Jose Gimenez has caught the attention of Lampard together with his scouting team now preserving shut tabs on the Uruguayan star, in line with The Telegraph.
The report states that to ensure that Gimenez to make a transfer to Stamford Bridge, Lampard must offload at the very least one centre-back due to the primary team’s present defensive depth.
In the meantime, Chelsea’s pursuit of Kai Havertz has been boosted after the Standard reported that Bayer Leverkusen are more inclined to part with the German after the club missed out on a Champions League spot for next season.
Sources told Football4cast’s James Olley earlier this week that the Blues are confident of securing a deal in the region of £70-£75 million despite Leverkusen demanding closer to £90m when initial contact was made prior to this month.
Bayer Leverkusen finished fifth in the Bundesliga and will instead play in the Europa League, while Chelsea can secure a Champions League spot by getting a result against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League on Sunday.
Declan Rice has also been touted as a possible option at Chelsea, though that deal looks unlikely after West Ham United secured their Premier League status for next season.
Sancho, Grealish top Solskjaer’s’ five summer targets
Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish remain firm targets for Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who wants to add five new faces to his first team this summer.
The Telegraph claims that Solskjaer will be backed by United CEO Ed Woodward with a right winger, a striker, a midfielder, a centre-back and a full-back currently being chased.
The report adds that a new centre back would partner Harry Maguire, suggesting that Victor Lindelof could become a back-up option.
600-goal City academy striker could flip to United
England youth star Charlie McNeill could be set to join boyhood club Manchester United — from fierce rivals Manchester City.
• How the summer transfer market works
• Kuper: Coronavirus’ impact on transfers
• Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
• Best statement signings ever
• Summer transfer grades
• Latest completed major transfers
That’s according to the Daily Mail, who on Thursday said the 600-goal academy striker — who turns 17 in September — has rejected a contract offer at the Etihad Stadium with United now set to pounce.
It is said that McNeill has found opportunities to be limited with City’s U18s team, and consequently he wants a new challenge.
The report adds that City want to include multiple performance-related clauses in the deal should McNeill join United.
– West Ham United will push several high-profile European clubs this summer for the services of AS Monaco sensation Chrislain Matsima, according to Football Insider. Juventus, Atletico Madrid and FC Porto are also said to be chasing the 18-year-old’s signature despite his contract with Monaco ending in 2022.
– Respected Italian reporter Nico Schira has recommended that each Leicester Metropolis and Wolverhampton Wanderers need to buy Turkish defender Merih Demiral from Juventus. However Dermiral might be set to remain in Italy for a further yr after Juventus reportedly rejected a £27m bid plus add-ons from the Foxes for the 22-year-old. Final summer season Dermiral penned a five-year cope with Juventus, preserving him on the membership till summer season 2024.