08 Aug Switch Discuss – Arsenal’s Maitland-Niles on transfer listing to lift funds
The coronavirus pandemic has made the transfer market unsure — and you could find out when the home windows open right here — however listed below are the rumours floating round Europe’s large leagues and past.
Arsenal’s Maitland-Niles on transfer listing to lift funds
In a determined try to lift money to assist fund Mikel Arteta’s squad overhaul, Arsenal are reportedly keen to half with Ainsley Maitland-Niles.
The news comes days after it was revealed the club had made 55 members of staff redundant. The development might come as a surprise to some Arsenal fans, particularly after Maitland-Niles appeared in last weekend’s FA Cup final win against Chelsea.
But should Arteta wish to fund a new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and bring fresh faces in this summer, the Spaniard has been told he must “cash in” on some players — and Maitland-Niles appears to be on his way out.
Hojbjerg nearing move to Spurs
Only a medical stands between Southampton’s Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg officially signing for Tottenham Hotspur, according to the Independent.
• How the summer transfer market works
• Kuper: Coronavirus’ impact on transfers
• Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
• Best statement signings ever
• Summer transfer grades
• Latest completed major transfers
The Danish midfielder is set to join Spurs for £15m, as Spurs boss Jose Mourinho sees Hojbjerg as a key member of his team following an impressive four-year stint with the Hampshire club.
Kyle Walker-Peters is set to go the other way and join the Saints for £12m.
Havertz could tie up Chelsea deal next week
Respected Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has steered that Kai Havertz might be a part of Chelsea from Bayer Leverkusen as early as subsequent week.
The German has lengthy been related to a transfer away from the Bundesliga this summer season after Leverkusan missed out on a Champions League qualification spot.
Bayern Munich dominated out a transfer for the 21-year-old attacking winger earlier this 12 months, leaving Frank Lampard’s facet as agency favourites to prize Havertz away from his homeland. Romano added that Chelsea are hoping to agree a charge within the area of £71m.
– Spectacular mortgage spells with Hull Metropolis, Derby County and AFC Bournemouth have satisfied Southampton to bid for Liverpool winger Harry Wilson, based on Football Insider. The 23-year-old has additionally caught the eye of Premier League newbies Leeds United. Wilson’s contract at Anfield ends in 2023.
– Crystal Palace listing Watford’s Gerard Deulofeu as a possible goal, based on the Night Customary. The winger, who was lately relegated with Watford, is predicted to be on the transfer and the Eagles might try the Spaniard on mortgage.