14 Sep Stevenage shield former England manager Mark Sampson from racism asserts
The ex-Lionesses supervisor had become the subject of a complaint alleging he refused to sign a fellow participant due to their viability
Stevenage have defended former England Women’s team director Mark Sampson by allegations of racism.
The Daily Mail had reported that a promise which Sampson refused to sign a participant since he was Nigerian. An official complaint was lodged with the FA, who’ve opened an investigation into the accounts.
The 36-year old was from direction since leaving England prior to being hired by the League Two club on a temporary basis on September 9.
His tenure as domestic team boss stopped if he was sacked amid a row enclosing more accusations of racist behaviour. Even though the FA said his dismissal was irrelevant to all those claims, they did maintain a complaint of discriminatory remarks made on based on race.
Sampson – that was put in temporary control of Stevenage after the sacking of Dino Maamria – has observed his existing employer refute the most recent pair of allegations, stating their analysis had concluded that they were produced with a disgruntled former employee, which having educated the FA and the paper of this, they had been amazed that the story had come out.
“Like any professional team, regardless of where the criticism comes from, we follow strict procedures, that have been followed to the letter,” club chairman Phil Wallace said in a declaration on Stevenage’s site.
“The prosecution had been offered the opportunity to earn an official complaint but declined the opportunity, rather opting to call the FA.
“But CEO Alex Tunbridge acted instantly to interview and take statements from two people the plaintiff mentioned were witnesses, in addition to others who were present in precisely the exact same assembly, but not cited by the claimant.
“In every case the witnesses didn’t support the allegations. Given that overpowering outcome and the conditions of this allegation, the team reasoned there was no case to answer. The FA and the Daily Mail were advised of the outcome yesterday.
“What I find surprising is that the Daily Mail still made a decision to run a story along with the FA chose to admit its own presence, when both was informed the evidence didn’t support the allegation made.
“Maybe now the FA have the proof, they’ll make it clear there’s not any case to answer. Guilt by association — particularly when the individual is well known – is a frequent weapon to use against people in the eye and once we find it does not have any base, we ought to be clear in making that known.”