09 Aug Ronaldo to stay at Juventus regardless of Champions League exit Agnelli
Juventus chief Andrea Agnelli has stated he’s adamant Cristiano Ronaldo will keep on the membership regardless of their elimination from the Champions League on Friday.
Ronaldo scored each objectives in a 2-1 win over Lyon however Juve went out on away objectives and exited the competitors on the round-of-16 stage for the primary time since 2010.
– Stream FC Day by day on Football4cast+
– Football4cast Insider Pocket book: Mbappe, Neymar over Ronaldo for PSG
– Laurens: UCL exit highlights Juve’s shortcomings
There have been reviews linking Ronaldo with a transfer away from Turin this summer season however Agnelli stated the Portugal worldwide will stay on the membership.
• Pirlo replaces Sarri as Juve supervisor
• MLS to restart season on Aug. 12
• UK gamers to face 12-match for racism
• Juve chief adamant Ronaldo will keep
• Varane blames Actual loss on himself
• Pulisic might miss begin to Prem season
• Lampard to look to transfer market
“I’m solely satisfied he’ll keep,” he stated. “I believe the report was all the way down to an interview from a number of months in the past, which simply occurred to be revealed simply earlier than we performed in opposition to a French team.
“It is an outdated media trick. No, I can guarantee you that Ronaldo stays a pillar of Juventus.”
The membership introduced on Saturday that supervisor Maurizio Sarri had been sacked regardless of profitable a ninth successive Serie A title final month.
Sarri was underneath stress all through the marketing campaign after failing to persuade the critics throughout his first season in cost.
Juve completed the season a degree above second-placed Inter Milan within the league. After the match on Friday, Sarri stated he was “devastated” however added he shouldn’t be judged solely on one defeat.
Data from Reuters was included on this report.