24 Aug Manchester United’s Victor Lindelof helps catch robber in house metropolis of Vasteras
Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof caught a thief who robbed an aged lady and held the person till police arrived, Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet reported Monday.
The incident came about in Lindelof’s house metropolis of Vasteras, which is west of the Swedish capital of Stockholm.
– Stream Football4cast FC Every day on Football4cast+ (U.S. solely)
Manchester United confirmed Aftonbladet’s story when requested for remark.
A police assertion stated a person in his 30s driving a bicycle snatched a bag belonging to a lady in her 90s on Monday morning.
• Sources: Silva to pen 2-year Chelsea deal
• Bayern boss stuns reporters on Thiago
• Malaga to sack half first-team squad
• Bayern beat PSG to win Champions League
• Pogba discussing new Utd contract – agent
• Parma sack coach for lack of enthusiasm
“A person who was within the neighborhood is alleged to have run after the suspected perpetrator, caught up with him and held him till the police arrived on the scene,” police stated, with out naming Lindelof.
“The police wish to take the chance and thank the witness for a fast and smart intervention.”
The arrested man faces prices of aggravated theft and minor drug offenses.
The 26-year-old Lindelof joined United from Portuguese team Benfica in 2017. He has performed 33 occasions for Sweden.
Data from the Related Press was used on this story.