21 Jul Manchester United news: Solskjaer states Man Utd have done very nicely without Lukaku
The Red Devils boss sees his unwanted working well with no forwards, that has been linked with a move to Inter
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he’s impressed by the way Manchester United are doing with no wounded Romelu Lukaku.
The Belgium global remains to feature United in pre-season, together with Solskjaer citing health problems because of his continuing absence from the team.
Lukaku missed United’s 1-0 International Champions Cup triumph over Inter on Saturday, with reports before kick-off the Serie A side had observed a #54 million ($60m/$68m) bid turned down to its 26-year old.
Earlier in the week, Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta announced he was”optimistic” that his side would finally land the Belgian striker.
With Lukaku sidelined, 17-year old Mason Greenwood scored the decisive goal against Antonio Conte’s guys and Solskjaer says he’s happy with the way his side is shaping up before this 2019-20 effort.
“I believe we’ve done very nicely without Romelu, but all of us know he’s among the best, best strikers in the world,” he told a press conference.
“We performed with a different way, possibly, together with Anthony [Martial], Marcus [Rashford] and Mason.
“As a trainer you conform to the players which are readily available. We are excited about the match against Tottenham [on Thursday] and let us see who’s available for that match.”
Post continues under
Solskjaer was not able to set a timescale on Lukaku’s return to fitness and claims that the striker will probably be”worried” about his lack of period on the pitch.
“In case you are a participant and you do not figure out how to train for a week, and he has missed three games today, I think he will be worried,” the director added.
“He is working to return on the pitch and we’re going to see how long that takes.”