10 Jul Manchester Metropolis set sights on Barcelona’s Antoine Griezmann
Amid all of the motion at Euro 2020 and the Copa America, the summer transfer window has opened, with Europe’s biggest clubs looking to make a splash in the transfer market. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Man City ramp up Griezmann interest
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has admitted that he’s made a personal call to Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann regarding a possible move to the Etihad Stadium this summer. That was reported in French title Footmercato, who state that City are in “good contact” with the France international’s agent.
City and Griezmann’s representatives were said to be in touch last summer, though City’s finances — not helped by the coronavirus pandemic — prevented them from making a tangible offer. However, Barcelona’s own financial situation is at a critical point and means that they are now looking to trim their own wage bill, and though City are said to be targeting Harry Kane as a priority, Griezmann could form a pretty solid plan B.
City’s interest in Kane is said to have “cooled” as a result of the fee it would take to prise the England skipper away from North London, and so Griezmann could be the perfect solution. Guardiola and Griezmann are said to have a good relationship, which could help facilitate the move.
– Stream Football4cast FC Daily on Football4cast+ (U.S. only)
– Football4cast+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, La Liga, MLS, FA Cup and more
– Chelsea are looking to sign talented young striker Armando Broja on a long-term deal following his return from a loan spell at Vitesse Arnhem, reports Fabrizio Romano. The Blues board are mentioned to be finalising a deal that might see the 19-year-old Albania worldwide keep on the membership till June 2026. Broja scored 10 targets throughout his keep within the Eredivisie, and he now joins the Chelsea first team in preseason coaching.
– Denmark centre-back Joachim Andersen is a goal for Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Leicester Metropolis and Crystal Palace, based on the Solar. Andersen, who impressed whereas on mortgage with Fulham final season, is at French membership Lyon, who paid £25 million for the transfer of the 25-year-old in 2019. Spurs and United are long-term admirers of the tall defender, who began his profession at FC Twente and got here on instead towards England in Wednesday’s Euro 2020 semifinal.
– Actual Madrid face competitors from Tottenham Hotspur for the signature of Sevilla FC’s in-demand centre-back Jules Kounde, based on Sport. They report that whereas Los Blancos are determined for canopy in central defence following Sergio Ramos’s transfer to Paris Saint-Germain and the doable departure of Raphael Varane, Tottenham may have greater pockets than the Spanish giants. Spurs might be prepared to pay €55 to €60m, which is greater than Madrid are prepared to pay. Kounde’s launch clause is ready at €80m, although Sevilla are prepared to barter any supply of greater than €70m.
– Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Benfica are edging nearer to an settlement with Internazionale for midfielder Joao Mario. Twenty-eight-year-old Mario spent final season on mortgage at Sporting Lisbon and had been broadly tipped to hitch the membership on a everlasting foundation, however they had been unwilling to fulfill Inter’s valuation. Benfica president Rui Costa is eager to get an settlement signed subsequent week, although Sporting are threatening authorized motion over what they consider is a clause stopping Inter from shifting the participant to any of Sporting’s home rivals.
– Arsenal are trying to tempt teen Kido Taylor-Hart into a brand new long-term deal in an effort to fend off curiosity from different golf equipment within the Premier League, in addition to Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, based on the Mail. The 18-year-old’s contract expired earlier this summer season and different golf equipment have been circling, although Arsenal are mentioned to think about left winger Taylor-Hart a key a part of their future. As such, a three-year-deal has been provided, and he may be a part of the primary team on their preseason tour of Scotland and America.