15 Sep Liverpool v Newcastle United Match Report, 14/09/2019, Premier League
Liverpool finally reverted to a 3-1 win over Newcastle United on Saturday, together with Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah performing the harm.
Sadio Mane lasted his inaugural Liverpool type by scoring twice since the Reds came from behind to beat Newcastle United 3-1 and maintain their 100 per cent start to the year.
The Senegalese was spotted venting his frustration at Mohamed Salah — that obtained the Reds’ third — even though scoring against Burnley ahead of the global break, although he looked rather more relaxed since he took his national tally to four for this period.
Jetro Willems started the scoring early on using a gorgeous first Premier League goal, but Mane levelled 21 minutes after having a similarly remarkable end and then penalized a Martin Dubravka howler to guarantee Liverpool directed at half-time.
Salah finally finished Newcastle away 18 minutes in the time, justifiably moving it alone following criticism for obvious greediness in Burnley, as the Reds became the first Premier League team to triumph 14 matches in a row when scoring more than 1 target in every match.
50 – Mohamed Salah has been directly engaged 50 Premier League goals for Liverpool at Anfield, scoring 36 and supplying 14 aids (41st look ). Unstoppable. pic.twitter.com/skduO9qYTS
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) September 14, 2019
Visitors Newcastle took a shock lead after seven minutes, as Willems’ ferocious strike darted to the top-right corner in the left side of this box.
Jamaal Lascelles was lucky to avoid conceding a penalty in the 26th moment when he seemed to pull on Joel Matip back into the atmosphere.
However Liverpool got a deserved equaliser two minutes after — Mane selecting the top-right corner following Andy Robertson’s cut-back.
A throughball from Roberto Firmino — introduced to the wounded Divock Origi — afterward forced Dubravka into actions along with the goalkeeper made a wreck of itallowing Mane an effortless finish before the break.
Emil Krafth nearly restored parity early in the second half, hammering over in the trunk after Liverpool failed to pick him up from Joelinton’s cross.
In the opposite end, Dubravka made a series of saves to maintain the Magpies from the competition, denying Trent Alexander-Arnold and Firmino twice, all from close selection.
There was no denying Salah, however, since the Egyptian burst beyond Fabian Schar and sailed home.
Liverpool were denied additional goals from the latter phases, as Dubravka thwarted Alexander-Arnold out of point-blank selection and Mane had everything could have been a hat-trick clincher disallowed for offside from Firmino.
What exactly does it imply? Reds still ideal despite warning signals
Whatever happens the rest of the weekend, Liverpool will stay high in the Premier League since the sole aspect with a 100 percent record.
But, Saturday’s win was by no means perfect and the full-back regions looked somewhat exploitable, together with Alexander-Arnold neglecting to stop Willems to its opener and Robertson captured out in the second half when Krafth blazed over.
Sadio on that the Mane
The kind of Mane in recent months has become crucial for Liverpool and Saturday’s game exhibited a lot of what he’s great at, as his initial target combined fine motion and strategy, while the second came about during his top of the lineup and positional consciousness, even though Dubravka gave him a help.
34 – Sadio Mané hasn’t missing a Premier League home match where he has found the internet, winning 32 and drawing a few of his preceding 34 games if doing this. Unblemished. pic.twitter.com/PwKObTnJs2
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) September 14, 2019
Almiron fails to propel
While Miguel Almiron would likely acknowledge a 5-4-1 formation is unlikely to get the most out of himeven with this in mind he frustrated, failing to hold on into the ball for long enough to offer you any creative spark.
Crucial Opta details
Post continues under
– Liverpool would be the fourth largest team to acquire 14 successive English top-flight suits, following Arsenal (14, August 2002), Man Town (15, August 2019) and Man City (18, December 2017).
– For the 2nd successive year, Liverpool have won their opening five matches of their Premier League effort — that the sole preceding two teams to accomplish that in back-to-back seasons were Chelsea (2009-10/2010-11) and Man Town (2015-16/2016-17).
– Newcastle have dropped 13 in the past 14 Premier League games away from”big six” competitions (W1), together with three of the defeats coming in Anfield.
– Liverpool have won all the past five Premier League games in Anfield when they have conceded the opening goal, together with three of these comeback victories coming in 2019 (4-3 v Crystal Palace, 4-2 v Burnley and 3-1 v Newcastle).
– Andy Robertson has made 17 aids for Liverpool in the Premier League because the onset of this 2017-18 period; the maximum of any defender within this age.
– Newcastle’s Jetro Willems scored his first goal over the top five European leagues, in what had been his 49th such look (three for Newcastle and 46 for Eintracht Frankfurt).
What is next?
Following Liverpool visit Napoli from the Champions League, they confront a Premier League trip to Chelsea following Sunday. Newcastle host Brighton and Hove Albion the afternoon before.