12 Feb Liverpool see Gladbach’s Neuhaus as substitute for Wijnaldum
The transfer window could have slammed shut, however that does not imply the hearsay mill has shut down! Hypothesis over summer time strikes is heating up so try the most recent gossip beneath, and see all official offers right here.
TOP STORY: Liverpool hopes Neuhaus can bolster midfield
Liverpool have joined Borussia Dortmund within the queue for Borussia Monchengladbach’s Florian Neuhaus, in response to Kicker. Nevertheless, The Solar studies the Reds are additionally preserving tabs on Udinese’s Rodrigo de Paul.
Neuhaus has been earning rave reviews for his performances in the Bundesliga and Liverpool are just one of many clubs, including Manchester City, to be interested in signing the 23-year-old. Juventus and Bayern Munich are also tracking the midfielder’s progress.
Liverpool have other options, and The Sun reports that they could be tempted by Udinese’s Argentine midfielder De Paul. The 26-year-old is valued at £30 million by the Italians, with Leeds also interested.
Leeds were close to signing De Paul last summer, but Liverpool see him as a possible replacement for Georginio Wijnaldum, should he leave at the end of the season.
– Stream Football4cast FC Daily on Football4cast+ (U.S. only)
– Football4cast+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
City close to Kayky deal
Manchester City are close to signing Brazilian wonderkid Kayky from Fluminense on a five-year deal, according to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano.
• Barnwell’s finest strikes: 100-51 | 50-1
• Summer transfer grades
• Latest completed major transfers
Romano reports that City have managed to fend off interest from a host of Spanish clubs — and Ukraine side Shakhtar Donetsk — to land the 17-year-old, who will join the club’s academy in 2022 if the paperwork and permit is completed without any hitches.
Manchester City officials believe the Fluminese starlet is one of the best U18 talents in South America, which is why they’re ready to invest €10m in the youngster. That fee that could rise to €17m in add-ons in the future.
Kayky has drawn comparisons with compatriot Neymar for his style of play.
City were also rumoured to be interested in signing Kayky’s teammate Metinho. Fluminese president Mario Bittencourt is under pressure to deliver a solid return on both Metinho and Kayky after receiving criticism for his handling of the transfer of another young star, Marcos Paulo, to Atletico Madrid.
Spurs face competition for Damsgaard
Tottenham Hotspur are keen to sign Sampdoria midfielder Mikkel Damsgaard, but today the Daily Star says that Spurs face competition from Southampton, West Ham United and Leeds United.
Damsgaard has been in electric form for his Serie A club, scoring two goals and adding four assists in a season that has seen the 20-year-old attract interest from all over Europe.
Damsgaard can play in the centre or on the wing and he has already earned full international caps with Denmark.
Spurs have asked to be kept informed of his developments, while Juve are also said to be tracking his progress. Now, though, a host of Premier League clubs are watching him,too.
Damsgaard signed for Sampdoria for £5.2m last summer, and the Italians are said to be willing to let him leave the club for around £15m.
– Paul Pogba‘s next move continues to be a source of mystery and his agent Mino Raiola has done little to refute rumours linking the Frenchman with a move to Juventus. Pogba will have one year left on his current contract at the end of this season and Italian papers are suggesting Juve are preparing a bid. However, according to Fabrizio Romano, Raiola is unwilling to speak in regards to the state of affairs. He says: “I’ll do what I’ve to do in entrance of you, however within the shadows, as I’ve all the time completed.”
– Atletico Madrid want to signal Andre Silva, in response to Serbian paper Republic, and Eintracht Frankfurt will use that cash to signal Luka Jovic from Actual Madrid on a everlasting deal. Silva and Jovic are each in glorious kind. Silva has scored 17 objectives, greater than Erling Haaland, and Atletico might be prepared to supply as a lot as €30-€40m. That might be sufficient for Frankfurt to tempt Jovic away from Actual Madrid for good.