22 Jul Ligue 1 loanee Pierre Gabriel assaulted automotive set on hearth weeks after Brest signing
Pierre-Gabriel, 22, signed on a season-long loan from Bundesliga club Mainz on July 7 but was involved in a serious incident on Monday evening.
– Stream FC Daily on Football4cast+
– What did you miss? The latest from Europe’s top leagues
On Tuesday, as Brest statement on social media read: “Final evening, within the Brest neighbourhood, Ronael Pierre-Gabriel was the sufferer of an assault and suffered accidents earlier than his automotive was burned down and utterly destroyed.
• Ferdinand backs Jimenes for Man Utd
• Liverpool goal Mbappe to remain at PSG
• Participant assaulted, automotive set on hearth after transfer
• Hollywood A-listers begin NWSL team in L.A.
• Sources: Havertz to Blues as soon as UCL secure
“Brest strongly condemn this occasion and provides its full help to Ronael.
“In a spot the place these occasions are few and much between, it is regrettable to see all these incidents occur to a boy who solely arrived two weeks in the past in Finistere and had no points with anybody.”
The membership additionally stated it could be the final time they’d remark on the problem and have left the scenario to the authorities.
Pierre-Gabriel made eight appearances for Mainz this season however did not characteristic for the primary team after the Bundesliga restart following the suspension attributable to the coronavirus pandemic.
Brest have been in 14th place within the league desk earlier than the Skilled Football League (LFP) ended 2019-20 Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 seasons in April.