10 Jun Chelsea muscle in on Paris Saint-Germain’s Achraf Hakimi pursuit
With many of the main European seasons now full, the hearsay mill has been despatched into overdrive as golf equipment ponder their strikes forward of what’s going to be a busy transfer window. Take a look at the newest gossip beneath, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Chelsea match PSG offer for Hakimi
Chelsea have matched Paris Saint-Germain’s offer for Internazionale wing-back Achraf Hakimi, and the Italians are said to favour the Blues’ proposal, according to Sky Sports Italia.
The offer from both clubs for Hakimi is for a fee of around £56.1 million, which falls short of Inter’s valuation of nearer to £70m. However, Inter are interested in Chelsea duo Emerson Palmieri and Andreas Christensen, who could both be offered in exchange as part of the negotiations.
Inter are said to be particularly keen on Palmieri on loan, though Chelsea would prefer the move to be permanent.
The 22-year-old joined Inter from Real Madrid last summer for a fee of around £40m and was an influential part of the club’s Serie A title-winning season.
Hakimi can play as a right-back or wing-back, the latter suiting Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel’s system of playing a five-man backline.
– Stream Football4cast FC Daily on Football4cast+ (U.S. only)
– Football4cast+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
08.46 BST: Ilkay Gundogan is waiting for an indication of how strong Barcelona’s interest in him is before committing to a new contract at Manchester City, The Sun reports.
Gundogan was City’s top scorer last season as they won the Premier League title, his third in five seasons at the club.
The 30-year-old is a target for Barcelona, while City may look to transfer the Germany international if he is not prepared to sign a new long-term deal.
08.00 BST: Celtic are on the verge of confirming Ange Postecoglou as their new manager, sources have told Football4cast’s Tom Hamilton.
Postecoglou has agreed personal terms, and Celtic have settled compensation with J1 League side Yokohama F. Marinos. Sources have told Football4cast Postecoglou is due to take up the post in July.
Celtic also needed the approval of UEFA for the move, as Postecoglou does not hold a UEFA Pro License. With all terms agreed, he is set to replace Neil Lennon, who resigned as Celtic boss in February.
Postecoglou, 55, has been in charge of Yokohama since 2018, and led them to the J1 title in 2019. He has also won the A-League with Brisbane Roar, and managed Australia from 2013 to 2017, where he won the 2015 Asian Cup.
– Lynch: What Celtic fans can expect from Postecoglou
PAPER GOSSIP (by Nick Judd)
– Tottenham Hotspur appear to be edging closer to their first signing of the summer, Borussia Monchengladbach forward Marcus Thuram. That’s the view of RMC Sport journalist Mohamed Bouhafsi who says that the German aspect are begrudgingly prepared to permit their prized asset to depart following their failure to high quality for Europe subsequent season. Thuram has scored 25 objectives in two seasons in Germany.
– Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea will not be solely staying in Manchester subsequent season, he is anticipating to be the Reds’ No. 1, in keeping with the Solar. The 30-year-old Spaniard had a blended season in 2020-21 and battled it out with Dean Henderson for a beginning place in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s beginning XI, and he was at one level rumoured to be on the verge of an exit from Outdated Trafford. Nonetheless, De Gea believes his future stays in Manchester.
– Arsenal have been provided former midfielder Aaron Ramsey by Juventus, with the Italian giants eager to take Hector Bellerin within the different route, in keeping with Sport. They’re reporting that Ramsey might be in line for a surprising return to north London after leaving the membership in 2019. He has made 65 appearances since, however Juve are eager to clean up their squad and convey Bellerin to Turin.
– Atletico Madrid have rejected a suggestion from Manchester United for right-back Kieran Trippier, in keeping with Football Insider. United have made a proper bid of £10m for the 30-year-old however have been informed they might want to enhance their provide in the event that they’re to have any probability of touchdown the England worldwide this summer time.
– Jose Mourinho’s Roma are closing in on a deal for Granit Xhaka from Arsenal for round £15.5m, in keeping with Corriere dello Sport. The previous Gladbach midfielder has been linked with the Italians for quite a lot of weeks and it seems as if the Giallorossi are near lastly landed the 28-year-old. Xhaka was a divisive determine among the many Gunners’ fan base, however Mourinho will really feel he is getting a midfielder in his prime. Arsenal are believed to be chasing Ruben Neves from Wolverhampton Wanderers in an effort to bolster their very own squad.