11 Jan Arsenal’s Kieran Tierney drawing curiosity from Napoli
The transfer window opened in early January, and hypothesis is heating up about potential offers. Take a look at the newest gossip beneath, and see all official offers right here.
TOP STORY: Napoli curious about Tierney
Napoli could possibly be curious about making a transfer to signal Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney, the Every day Telegraph experiences.
Tierney has emerged as one in every of Arsenal’s most dependable gamers this season. No outfield participant has made extra Premier League begins for the Gunners than the 23-year-old’s 16 this time period, and his current kind was capped off together with his beautiful solo objective within the 4-Zero at West Brom on Jan. 2.
The Scotland worldwide additionally helped his nation attain their first main match in virtually 1 / 4 of a century after they beat Serbia on penalties in a European championship qualifier final November.
Tierney signed for Arsenal from Celtic for a £25m charge in the summertime of 2019, however one of many different golf equipment chasing his signature on the time was Napoli. Now, based on the Telegraph, the Serie A facet will make a contemporary transfer to signal him this summer time.
08.37 GMT: Inter Milan coach Antonio Conte has made it crystal clear his club will not be making any additions in the winter transfer window.
Speaking after his team’s 2-2 draw at Roma, Conte said: “This year the word ‘want’ doesn’t exist, let it be clear. Already in August the club’s idea was given to me. We acquired [Achraf] Hakimi in April and then we haven’t bought anyone else.
“The road is clear, I don’t want anyone, and I will work with the players that I have available. There are strengths and weaknesses in this squad, but we’re going to fight with these. I’m happy, then forget the transfer talk for Inter because [the club] told me this.
“I read that I want this or that, but the wrong message is shown. Since August there has been no verb to want, there is the verb to work that I know very well.”
08.00 GMT: Real Madrid attacker Reinier‘s loan deal at Borussia Dortmund could be cut short, according to the Bundesliga club’s sporting director.
Reinier joined BVB on a two-year loan in the last transfer window, but the 18-year-old has struggled for playing time, winning just 138 minutes across eight brief appearances in all competitions. The Brazil under-23 international could now leave the Westfalenstadion.
“We have a lot of competition up front. Basically, we don’t want to give him away. But I will listen to everything,” Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc told Sport 1. “If someone’s not happy because he’s not getting a lot of playing time, you’ll talk. But we won’t take the initiative.”
– Bundesliga on Football4cast+: Stream LIVE games and replays (U.S. only)
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Everton consider Anderson switch
Everton are considering a move for West Ham United star Felipe Anderson, TeamTalk reports.
• Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
• Summer transfer grades
• Latest completed major transfers
Anderson is currently out on loan with Portuguese giants Porto, but in recent days, there has been an awful lot of talk about the Hammers cutting his stay short. It initially seemed as if they were planning on keeping him for themselves, but the story says that may not turn out to be the case.
Normally Anderson wouldn’t be able to play for another club this season, but with the rules set to be eased due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Toffees could benefit.
DH is reporting that AC Milan are keeping an eye on Anderlecht sensation Albert Sambi Lokonga.
While there has yet to be any official approach from the Serie A title race frontrunners, all eyes have been on his progress as the January transfer window continues to roll on.
Lokonga has been compared to Barcelona legend Sergio Busquets and, based on how tight things are looking in Italy’s top flight, Milan could use someone of his talents.
– Newcastle United’s interest in trying to sign Manchester United defender Brandon Williams has come to an end, Northern Echo reports. It comes after reports indicated the Red Devils would no longer be entertaining the idea of sending Williams out on loan during the January transfer window, meaning the Magpies will have to look elsewhere if they’re serious about making some changes this month.
– BT Sport is reporting that West Bromwich Albion manager Sam Allardyce is planning on being “extremely busy” during the January transfer window. The Baggies have failed to light the world on fire since the veteran boss joined the club, and after being knocked out of the FA Cup by third-tier Blackpool, Allardyce is hoping to bring in a host of new names at The Hawthorns.
– Bristol City and Birmingham City are both interested in making a move to sign Crystal Palace striker Connor Wickham, The Sun experiences. The 27-year-old’s contract is ready to return to an finish through the summer time, and whereas he could at present be out of motion by harm, each golf equipment are nonetheless considering a mortgage supply within the close to future.