19 Apr Arsenal Team News: Injuries, suspensions and line-up vs Crystal Palace
Everything you want to know in front of this Premier League battle at Emirates Stadium on Sunday
After sealing their place at the Europa League semi-finals on Thursday, it is back to Premier League activity for Arsenal this weekend. )
Unai Emery’s side host Crystal Palace at a London derby on Sunday trying to maintain their bid to get a top-four finish.
The Gunners moved back to the Champions League places on Monday night with a 1-0 triumph in Watford, just their second success in the league from Emirates Stadium at 2019.
However, matters have been much better in the home for Arsenal, in which they’ve won 10 consecutive league matches for the first time because the 1997-98 double-winning year under Arsene Wenger.
Last time Arsenal fulfilled Palace was back in October, when both sides fought out a 2-2 draw at Selhurst Park.
Arsenal will be without Aaron Ramsey on Sunday after he suffered a hamstring injury during Thursday night’s Europa League win against Napoli.
The Wales international was driven off in the first half of Naples and Unai Emery affirmed following the match that the midfielder will be sidelined for”a few weeks”.
Additionally, there are worries over Denis Suarez, that has been struggling with a groin injury for the last fortnight.
The attacking midfielder, who has yet to begin one game because his January loan transfer from Barcelona, wasn’t involved against Watford and didn’t journey to Italy to the Europa League assembly with Napoli.
Emery will still be without long-term absentees Hector Bellerin, Rob Holding and Danny Welbeck.
Arsenal will be without centre-back Sokratis against Palace since he serves the previous match of a two-match prohibit for amassing 10 reservations during this entire year.
Arsenal Possible Starting Line-Up
Following an energy-sapping match in Naples on Thursday night, Unai Emery has confirmed he will create adjustments on Sunday if Crystal Palace see the Emirates.
Discussing after the triumph in Italy,” Emery explained:”It is very important today for the players to have some turning because a few players are hurt and we want various players using fresh energy.
“Sunday will be somewhat hard, a few of the players who played with [in Naples] possibly can’t play with on Sunday.”
With Sokratis frozen for the match, Emery can revert to a back four with a prospective centre-back matching of Shkodran Mustafi and Konstantinos Mavropanos, together with Carl Jenkinson a choice at right-back when Ainsley Maitland-Niles wants a rest.
Post continues under
In fact, Matteo Guendouzi might find a beginning while Alex Iwobi, Mesut Ozil and Henrikh Mkhitaryan can come in the starting XI was on the seat in Naples.
Crystal Palace Team News
Palace might be without defenders Mamadou Sakho and James Tomkins, who missed the defeat to Manchester City last weekend. ) Jeffrey Schlupp can be a doubt after limping off during this meeting with Pep Guardiola’s side.
Opta Match Truth
- Arsenal have dropped two of the 22 house meetings with Crystal Palace in most contests (W16 D4), 0-2 at a League Cup match in November 1970 and 1-2 from the Premier League at October 1994.
- After their 2-2 draw at Selhurst Park earlier this year, Crystal Palace are searching to prevent defeat in both league encounters with Arsenal at a campaign for the first time because 1979-80.
- Arsenal have won all the past six London derbies at home in the Premier League, their greatest such conduct in the contest as 11 directly successes between December 2001 and November 2003.
- Arsenal have won their past 10 house Premier League matches — they have never won 11 in a row at home inside one top-flight period before.
- Arsenal have won 22 more points in the home (44) when they’ve off (22) from the Premier League this year, the largest such gap in the contest. But, Crystal Palace have won the maximum percentage of the Premier League points this year away from home (59percent – 23/39).
- Crystal Palace have alternated between success and defeat in the past eight Premier League matches, dropping against Man City time outside. Away from home, the Eagles have won three of the past four at the Premier League (L1).
- No team has played with English league matches on Easter Sunday compared to Arsenal (7), although this is Crystal Palace’s first ever league sport on daily.
- Crystal Palace midfielder Luka Milivojevic netted two penalties from the 2-2 draw with Arsenal in Selhurst Park before this year. Just 3 players in Premier League history have netted three penalty goals against an opponent in one effort (Graham Alexander v Hull in 2009-10, Robbie Fowler v Sheffield United at 2006-07 and Peter Beardsley v Wimbledon in 1993-94).
- Alexandre Lacazette has scored nine house league goals for Arsenal this year. If he scores , it’ll be precisely the next Premier League year to see 2 Arsenal players internet 10+ house intentions (Aubameyang has 11) following the 2004-05 effort (Thierry Henry 21 and Robert Pires 10).
- Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored more Premier League London derby targets than any other player this year (6).
TV Coverage & Kick-Off Time
Kick-off is 16. 00 BST (11. 00 ET) on Sunday April 21, also won’t be televised in the uk. It’ll be revealed on NBC Sports Gold at the USA and will be merged on NBCSports.com.