28 Jul Arsenal see bid for Atletico Madrid’s Thomas knocked again
The coronavirus pandemic has made the transfer market unsure — and you’ll find out when the home windows open right here — however listed here are the rumours floating round Europe’s large leagues and past.
TOP STORY: Arsenal’s second Partey bid rejected
The Guardian is reporting that Arsenal’s second bid for Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey has been rejected.
Round two weeks in the past, the Gunners noticed a suggestion of €25 million plus a participant turned down earlier than the membership got here again with the identical deal — solely this time, it included controversial Frenchman Matteo Guendouzi.
At this stage in proceedings the previous Champions League finalists aren’t keen to promote Partey for something lower than his €50m launch clause, which is able to virtually definitely power supervisor Mikel Arteta to contemplate whether or not or not he is value that type of cash.
– Stream Football4cast FC Each day on Football4cast+ (U.S. solely)
– Haven’t got Football4cast? Get prompt entry
Valencia sensation Ferran Torres is eager on the thought of becoming a member of Champions League contenders Manchester Metropolis, BBC Sport stories.
The hope from Metropolis and Pep Guardiola is that he may function the proper substitute for the outgoing Leroy Sane, however as a result of he nonetheless has a 12 months left on his contract, the La Liga facet need a minimum of £40m if they’re to comply with the sale.
Whereas the core focus of their consideration may simply be on bringing in defensive reinforcements within the subsequent few months, that hasn’t stopped the previous Premier League champions from pursuing Torres.
Bayern Munich are concerned about making a transfer for Norwich Metropolis teen Max Aarons, Sky Sport Austria stories.
• How the summer season transfer market works
• Kuper: Coronavirus’ affect on transfers
• Barnwell’s greatest strikes: 100-51 | 50-1
• Finest assertion signings ever
• Summer season transfer grades
• Newest accomplished main transfers
The complete-back is taken into account to be one of many shining lights of an in any other case dreadful season for the Canaries, and now, Bayern may look to provide his blossoming profession an enormous injection of life.
Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur have each been linked with a transfer for Aarons in latest months, however given the sheer star energy of the German champions, there is a good probability they may transfer to the entrance of the queue. In the event that they do, although, they’re going to probably need to put their curiosity in Sergino Dest to at least one facet.
– The Guardian is reporting that there is a rising expectation Chelsea star Willian may wind up signing for Arsenal on a free transfer. It was beforehand reported that Frank Lampard, who desires to maintain him based on Football4cast sources, has made a last-ditch try to signal him to a brand new contract, however with the possibility of a brand new deal wanting slim, the chances of the Brazilian heading throughout London to the Emirates are wanting good.
– Bundesliga facet Bayer Leverkusen usually are not going to problem Chelsea within the race to try to signal Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana, Kicker stories. Within the wake of a poor marketing campaign from Kepa Arrizabalaga, the Blues are on the lookout for a brand new primary heading into the 2020-21 season — with the idea being that Leverkusen had additionally put ahead a bid. The report in query, nevertheless, signifies that Leverkusen sporting director Simon Rolfes has rejected the thought, stating that the membership is placing their religion in Lukas Hredecký.
– The Each day Mail is reporting that Celtic are near finishing the signing of West Ham United ahead Albian Ajeti. The 23-year-old has did not make an affect throughout his keep at London Stadium, with supervisor David Moyes being open to letting him depart on a mortgage take care of an obligation to purchase in an effort to unlock area for different signings.