12 Aug Arsenal planning transfer for Ajax winger Quincy Promes
The coronavirus pandemic has made the transfer market unsure — and yow will discover out when the home windows open right here — however listed here are the rumours floating round Europe’s large leagues and past.
TOP STORY: Arsenal wish to signal Ajax winger Promes
With Football4cast sources reporting that Arsenal are on the brink of bolstering their attacking choices with the acquisition of Willian, plainly the Gunners have shortly set their sights on one other thrilling ahead.
The 28-year-old Promes struck an impressive 16 goals and five assists before the Eredivisie came to a premature end in March, including one against Chelsea in a thrilling Champions League encounter that ended 4-4.
The Netherlands international only returned to his homeland from Sevilla last summer in a £14 million deal, but is believed to be keen on a switch to the Emirates, with the outlet quoting a source “close to the player.”
The report goes on to suggest Ajax would be willing to part ways with the player, who has also attracted attention from Liverpool in the past.
– Stream Football4cast FC Daily on Football4cast+ (U.S. only)
Juventus willing to offer three players in deal for Lacazette
Meanwhile, Juventus will make three players available to the Gunners as the Old Lady step up their pursuit of forward Alexandre Lacazette .
Earlier, the Athletic had revealed the North London club may be forced to let the France striker leave in order to raise funds, with Juventus identified as potential suitors as new boss Andrea Pirlo looks to refine his squad ahead of the new campaign.
• How the summer transfer market works
• Kuper: Coronavirus’ impact on transfers
• Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
• Best statement signings ever
• Summer transfer grades
• Latest completed major transfers
And now the Mirror adds that Pirlo is willing to offer the Gunners their pick of trio Gonzalo Higuain, Douglas Costa or Cristian Romero in a bid to entice the club to sanction a deal.
Costa was reported as being a “non-starter” based on his wages and a lack of interest in linking up with Arteta’s side, but Tutto Mercato says that is not the case, stating that the Gunners can be keen to agree a swap-deal, together with one involving Costa.
Silva will be part of Lazio after UCL marketing campaign
Rumours that Manchester Metropolis legend David Silva will head to Serie A on the finish of the season have been constructing momentum over the course of the previous few days, with Lazio suspected to be the Spaniard’s subsequent vacation spot.
And in response to a report within the Guardian, that deal is now just about finished with Silva, 34, anticipated to signal a three-year-deal with the Biancocelesti when he lastly leaves Manchester Metropolis.
That may make Silva 37 upon the expiry of his subsequent contract, however the silky midfielder believes he has 5 extra years in him on the highest degree.
Nevertheless, earlier than that there’s nonetheless the small matter of a Champions League marketing campaign to finish, with Silva nearly definitely decided to exit on the very best of highs forward of a quarterfinal matchup with Lyon.
In the meantime, Lazio are mentioned to be near extending the contract of star man Ciro Motionless and are in superior talks to signal Vedat Muriqi from Fenerbahce in a £14m deal.
– Southampton are lastly anticipated to announce the signing of Actual Valladolid defender Mohammed Salisu within the coming days, the Each day Mail experiences. Saints paid the 21-year-old’s £10.9m launch clause final week, however the participant was compelled to spend 14 days in isolation previous to linking up together with his new membership.
– Newcastle’s takeover could also be on maintain, however the membership are at the least mentioned to be near their first signing of the summer time. The Northern Echo experiences that talks with midfielder Jeff Hendrick are at a sophisticated stage following the expiration of the 28-year-old’s Burnley contract.
– This one would possibly depart Chelsea followers steaming. Based on Sky Sports activities, West Ham have denied experiences of a £50m from the Blues bid for Declan Rice and would “chortle off” any such supply. The Hammers are decided to maintain maintain of their star man, who’s beneath contract till 2024 whereas West Ham even have an choice of an additional yr.
– In different information, the identical outlet experiences that Bayern Munich’s Thiago Alcantara says he would “like to play for Jurgen Klopp.” In equity, who would not? Sadly for Thiago, although, Liverpool aren’t at the moment on the lookout for a midfielder, however the 29-year-old will likely be thought-about ought to that change. Thiago has already instructed his present employers that he’ll search a brand new problem when his present contract expires subsequent summer time.