18 Jul Arsenal eye €40m for Sassuolo’s Manuel Locatelli regardless of Juventus choice
Euro 2020 and the Copa America are over and the summer time transfer window is open, leaving Europe’s greatest golf equipment clear to make a splash available in the market. Try the most recent gossip under, and see all official offers right here.
TOP STORY: Arsenal eye Locatelli regardless of Juve hyperlinks
Arsenal are ready to pay the €40 million valuation for Sassuolo’s Manuel Locatelli regardless of the Italy star’s choice to remain in Serie A for his subsequent transfer, in response to Fabrizio Romano.
The 23-year-old is about to fulfill with Sassuolo to debate a transfer away from the membership after impressing at Euro 2020, the place he scored twice and performed in an element within the Azzurri beating England within the ultimate.
Locatelli is alleged to want a swap to Juventus, which might rule Arsenal out of a transfer regardless of being keen to fulfill the cost. The Gunners are mentioned to solely need gamers who’re absolutely satisfied to hitch the membership. Nonetheless, it may be dependent on Juve’s personal monetary scenario and outgoings of their midfield.
Locatelli joined Sassuolo from AC Milan in 2019 for a payment price roughly €14.5m following a profitable mortgage stint. In his profession, he has remodeled 140 Serie A appearances, 99 together with his present membership, and impressed Roberto Mancini sufficient to earn a world call-up.
For Arsenal, the deal represents one among many on a reported spending spree over the summer time. The Gunners have been broadly linked with a £50m transfer for Brighton’s Ben White, in addition to Lyon’s Houssem Aouar and Anderlecht’s Albert Sambi Lokonga. The membership’s deliberate recruitment rebuild may assist them rebound again into European rivalry, failing to qualify for continental football for the primary time in 25 seasons.
– Stream Football4cast FC Day by day on Football4cast+ (U.S. solely)
– Do not have Football4cast? Get prompt entry
– Brighton need to signal left wing-back Marc Cucurella from Spanish side Getafe, according to the Daily Mail. The 22-year-old is currently in the Spain squad for the Tokyo Olympic games along with a number of well-known youngsters. The player joined Getafe from Barcelona, following a successful loan spell, in 2020 for roughly £9m. His current contract does, however, include a £15m buy-out clause that would allow him to join the Seagulls if triggered.
– Liverpool are set to offload defender Ben Davies just months after joining the club, according to the Sun. The 25-year-old joined from Preston North End back in January in the midst of an injury crisis but also suffered from a spell on the sidelines, failing to register a single minute in a red shirt. However, following the return of Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, and Joel Matip, as well as the incoming Ibrahima Konate, a stay in Merseyside looks unlikely. Sheffield United are said to be interested in a move but only as a loan rather than permanently.
– AS Roma have identified Palmeiras left-back Matias Vina as a target this summer, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to Jose Mourinho’s side, who are looking for a replacement for Leonardo Spinazzola, currently sidelined with an Achilles injury suffered at Euro 2020. A package worth €12.5m has reportedly been put together by Roma, including add-ons, for the Uruguayan defender with the hopes of completing the move from Brazilian side in the next few days.
– Napoli have joined the race to sign AZ Alkmaar midfielder Teun Koopmeiners, according to Calciomercato. The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to fellow Serie A side Atalanta, but are yet to strike a deal with the Dutch club, giving Napoli a chance to join the race for his signature. The Netherlands international came through the ranks at AZ, making over 100 league appearances and earning an international debut in October 2020.
– Everton are close to signing wingers Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend, according to The Times correspondent Paul Joyce. Grey, 25, is about to hitch Rafa Benitez’s facet for £1.5m from Bayer Leverkusen, however made solely 10 Bundesliga appearances this season with a hand in a single purpose and two assists. Townsend, 30, is a free agent, leaving Crystal Palace after 5 years on the membership. The previous England worldwide has remodeled 200 Premier League appearances with 13 England caps alongside the way in which.