08 Apr Arsenal, Chelsea look to Milan’s Hakan Calhanoglu
The January transfer window might look like a distant reminiscence, however that does not imply the hearsay mill has shut down! Hypothesis over summer time strikes is heating up, so take a look at the most recent gossip beneath, and see all official offers right here.
TOP STORY: Arsenal and Chelsea chasing Milan’s Calhanoglu
Sky Italy is reporting that Arsenal and Chelsea are in a battle for Turkish attacking midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu in the summertime.
The 27-year-old is nearly out of contract, with AC Milan still aiming to offer the player a new deal, but the two parties are reportedly at a stalemate with the player demanding more of a fixed contract than the Rossoneri are willing to offer.
Milan are believed to have offered wages of £66k-a-week, but the Turkey international is keen to want in excess of £82k-a-week.
Calhanoglu scored for country in a 3-3 draw against Latvia in the last international break and with the European Championship finals on the horizon, his stock could still rise. He has made 163 appearances for Milan and has scored seven goals and added 11 assists in 34 games this season.
Reports also suggest that Juventus are keen on the player should he become available in the summer and could offer more from a monetary standpoint than the two London clubs.
– Stream Football4cast FC Daily on Football4cast+ (U.S. only)
– Football4cast+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
Cristiano Ronaldo scores his 25th Serie A goal of the season as Juventus holds off Napoli for a 2-1 win.
– Andrea Pirlo outlined his intentions to keep striker Paulo Dybala at Juventus in a postmatch interview following a 2-1 victory over Napoli, says Calciomercato. The 27-year-old Argentine played a crucial role for Juve — scoring his side’s second — in the win that saw the club move up to third in an all-important Champions League qualification battle. Dybala still has one more year on his contract in Italy, but clubs could soon be circling should he run down his contract.
• Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
• January transfer grades
• Latest completed major transfers
– AC Milan met with Lorenzo Insigne’s agent according to reports from Gianluigi Di Marzio. The Napoli captain has one year left on his current deal, but is set to sit down with the management at the end of the season to discuss the possibility of a renewal. The 29-year-old Italian forward has been at Napoli since his youth career in 2006, scoring over 200 goals for the club. It is suggested that the captain’s intentions will be clearer come the conclusion of the current Serie A season.
– Leicester City will not be signing Cengiz Under on a permanent basis come the end of the season, according to reports from the Daily Telegraph’s John Percy. The loanee from AS Roma got here with a £20 million-plus transfer possibility in the summertime however, after making simply 9 appearances within the Premier League this season with a spell on the sidelines, the Midlands membership will not be set to set off the sign-on clause for the 23-year-old.
– Celtic have recognized 29-year-old Josh King as an possibility to exchange Odsonne Edouard this summer time in line with The Solar. The Norway striker joined Everton
– Chelsea, Barcelona, and Manchester Metropolis are in a race to signal Belgium and Internazionale frontman Romelu Lukaku this summer time, in line with Calciomercato. For Manchester Metropolis, it might be a transfer pressured as a result of lack of Sergio Aguero, who will go away on the finish of the season. Metropolis had reportedly made a transfer for the striker final summer time. Barcelona would see Lukaku, who scored on Wednesday within the runaway Serie A pacesetter’s win over Sassuolo, and previous boss Ronald Koeman reunited — the duo crossed paths at Everton in 2016-17. Nonetheless, it’s believed Chelsea are in the most effective monetary place to win the race for 27-year-old Lukaku, who made 10 league appearances for the Blues in his earlier stint from 2011-2014.