12 Jan AC Milan see Chelsea’s Fikayo Tomori as January defensive goal
The transfer window opened in early January, and hypothesis is heating up about potential offers. Take a look at the most recent gossip beneath, and see all official offers right here.
TOP STORY: AC Milan fascinated with Tomori
AC Milan have an interest within the prospect of making an attempt to signal Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori, Fabrizio Romano stories.
The transfer specialist says that Tomori may be very keen to depart Stamford Bridge sooner relatively than later, and with Milan making contact over a possible cope with the Blues, Tomori is believed to be pleased with the concept of a change to the San Siro.
Mohamed Simakan of Strasbourg is still the primary target for Milan but if that falls through, Tomori will be the next man in the queue as the Serie A leaders look to bolster their defence.
– Stream Football4cast FC Daily on Football4cast+ (U.S. only)
– Football4cast+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
08.28 GMT: Bayer Leverkusen are in talks with Manchester United over a winter transfer for Timothy Fosu-Mensah, kicker reports.
Sources told Football4cast’s Rob Dawson on Monday that Leverkusen and Ajax are two of the club interested in signing the Netherlands international, who could now be on his way to the Bundesliga.
Fosu-Mensah’s contract expires this summer, but Leverkusen want to reinforce their defence this month and are closing in on the 23-year-old.
With only three appearances in Premier League and Champions League this term, Fosu-Mensah has hardly featured at United but could add stability to Leverkusen’s defence where centre-back Aleksandar Dragovic recently deputised for the often-injured Lars Bender.
Manchester Evening News reports that Leverkusen could pay a €1.7m fee for Fosu-Mensah, who joined the United academy as a 16-year-old in September 2014.
08.00 GMT: Melbourne City have signed Norwegian midfielder Noor Eckhoff as they attempt to turn around their stuttering start to the W-League season.
The Norway youth international has signed for the remainder of the W-League season after previously spending three years in the Norwegian Toppserien competition.
Eckhoff, 21, joins a City team that has slumped to one draw and two losses, including a 6-0 derby hammering from Melbourne Victory.
Eckhoff will link with fellow new signing and fringe Australia international Alex Chidiac in City’s midfield.
– W-League on Football4cast+: Stream LIVE games and replays (U.S. only)
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Juventus pursue Scamacca signing
Italian champions Juventus are ready and willing to fight it out over the signing of Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca, Tuttosport reports.
• Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
• Summer transfer grades
• Latest completed major transfers
At just 22 years of age, he is viewed as having a big future ahead of him in European football, and while he may currently be on loan at Genoa, the Old Lady are prepared to push on with a deal — especially after the recent injury to Paulo Dybala.
AC Milan are said to be in talks with Scamacca’s agent, says the Italian outlet, but they add that reality won’t deter Juventus from joining the pursuit of the Italy U21 international.
Slimani set for Lyon medical
Leicester City striker Islam Slimani is set to undergo a medical with French club Lyon ahead of a proposed move, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
Slimani has failed to cement a regular place in the starting XI at the King Power Stadium and, as a result, his departure from the former Premier League champions has seemed almost inevitable in recent months.
With Lyon looking for a Moussa Dembele replacement if the Frenchman leaves for Atletico Madrid, Slimani is being pinpointed as the man to fill the void.
– Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Newcastle United have thrown their identify into the hat because the pursuit to signal Moises Caicedo continues. The teenage sensation, who’s a rising star for Independiente del Valle, has been the topic of superior negotiations between his membership and Brighton & Hove Albion, who lately shocked everybody by leaping to the entrance of the road within the battle to signal him. Nevertheless, there could also be a spanner thrown into the works because the Magpies have been trying to make some noise of their very own in the previous few hours.
– Estadio Deportivo says that Sevilla FC have reached a deal to signal goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic in the course of the summer time transfer window. He’s at present within the final six months of his contract and an association has been put in place that may see him make his manner over from fellow Spanish membership Eibar when the season involves an finish.